DMCA Takedown Policy
(applies to paranoia.dubfire.net, dubfire.net and other sites maintained by Christopher Soghoian)
To expedite the handling of your notice, please use the following format or refer to Section 512(c)(3) of the Copyright Act.
Send the written notification via regular postal mail to the following:
- Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work you believe has been infringed upon. This includes identification of the web page or specific posts, as opposed to entire sites. Posts must be referenced by either the dates in which they appear or by the permalink of the post. Include the URL to the concerned material infringing your copyright (URL of a website or URL to a post, with title, date, name of the emitter), or link to initial post with sufficient data to find it.
- Identify the material that you allege is infringing upon the copyrighted work listed in Item #1 above. Include the name of the concerned litigious material (all images or posts if relevant) with its complete reference.
- Provide information with which you may be contacted, including your email address, name, telephone number and physical address.
- Include a statement of the following: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above on the infringing web pages is not authorized by the copyright owner, or its agent, or the law."
- Also include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner, or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
- Your physical or electronic signature
Attn: DMCA takedown
PO Box 2266
Washington, DC 20013
or email notification to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that a copy of your takedown request (with your personal information removed) may be published on my website and sent to chilingeffects.org. A link to your published takedown request may also be displayed in place of the removed content.